More recent events

Hello everyone!!

Well, this will also probably be a short entry as well, but I have some extra pictures to show you all.

First of all, one of my friends from Tabernacle of Joy in Singapore, Abbey Lee, one of Pastor Timothy Lee’s daughters, took these pictures from DCD. She is a wonderful photographer and she’s only 15.

This is Bishop Willoughby during one of the evening services.


And here is Brother Stoneking also during one of the night services.



And here is one of the sisters praying for Beck during one of the services.


And Brother Stoneking again.


And here is when everyone was praying for Bishop Willoughby. It was SO amazing to see Meghan, Barak, and Mikayla praying for Bishop Willoughby. Mikayla is the one standing up in the blue dress, Barak has the blue shirt on, and Meghan is one in the reddish shawl. There were so many people around Bishop Willoughby that time. I think everyone that was at the conference was up there praying for him. It was awesome!!


And this was during, I think, the last night. Brother Stoneking asked anyone to go up to the front that needed healing, and since I was on crutches (well, I had hobbled up to the front to pray for Bishop Willoughby with everyone else without my crutches) I turned around and the next thing I know, I feel SO many hand on my back and arms as so many of our new friends come over and are praying. Those girls were on their knees laying hands on my knee praying. For all of you that read this, thank you all so very much. It means so much. I really appreciate it.


After we got done praying, a couple of the girls helped me back to my seat. I don’t remember who they were, but I want to thank y’all as well.

Okay, that is all I have from DCD, and actually these weren’t mine. As I said in the beginning, all these pictures above are from Abbey Lee. Thanks Abbey!!!

Now, skipping ahead to the end of December, I have some pics from when we went to the Outback Steakhouse with the Datsomor’s, Nat, and Brother Perry.

I don’t remember if I put these pictures on here that Beck took at Outback, but here they are anyway.

Lynda wasn’t looking when, I think, Brother Perry (or maybe it was Dennis), took the picture.


And the three of us again.


And here is Brother and Sister Datsomor.


And here are some pictures that Lynda gave me (thanks, Lynda!!!).

Here are the boys. Well, Dennis said he’d rather that we call them the gentlemen or the guys. So, here are the guys.

We have Nat, Dennis, and Brother Perry. And what is funny is that they are all roughly the same age. I think Nat is older by a year or something, but they are all still very close in age.


And here are the three ladies again.


And here you can see Brother Datsomor, and my dad, and you can partially see Sister Datsomor and my mom.


Next, I would like to thank everyone for praying for me while everything was going on with my knee. I have run across a four-lane highway (using the crosswalk of course), I have run up the steps in our house, I have been able to do pretty much everything normal that I was doing before I hurt my leg. Except for boxing on the Wii. I WILL NOT EVER box on the Wii again. Even sitting down. I won’t do it. We still do not know what is wrong, but I went for a bone scan on Thursday and I go back to my orthopedic doctor on Tuesday. Hopefully by then we will find out what is wrong, or was wrong. I’m hoping/praying that God healed it permanently and that nothing will ever happen to it again.

Now, this is from when we went to Tachikawa for my bone scan. We had to go off-base because the base didn’t have what they needed to do it. So, we drive down there and we walk in…..feeling VERY out of place. We are almost an hour away from the base and when we walk in the doors, it feels like everyone is just staring at us. Oh well!! So we go to the referral desk and they take us back to the X-ray place. We sit there for a few minutes and then a guy comes out and takes us back to the MRI/something-else place where they actually take the bone scan. So we sit there for a few minutes and then this really nice lady comes out and (in Japanese of course) tries to tell us that I needed to change clothes and that they are going to give me a shot first. So we said “Hai, hai” and she takes me back to this room. I change into the scrubs that they give me and then when I get back there, I lay down on this little table that is about 2 1/2 feet wide and then this guy comes in and in English (I was surprised) asks me where all the pain was, how long it was there, when I originally hurt my knee, and then started pulling out these needles. I looked at the one needles and just stared at it. That thing was at LEAST 2 inches long!! Yeah, that thing was going in my arm!! I was just staring and staring. When the guy saw me, he just laughed. It didn’t really hurt that much, but the fact that there was a two inch needle in my arm, was a bit scary!!! Yeah!! So he put this radio-active material stuff in my blood system and then they took some initial pictures. After about 10-15 minutes, she told me I could get up, go change and to come back at 1:00 pm. So I left and when I walked out, Beck was like, “Are you gonna start glowing with that stuff in you?” I asked my mom if I would blow myself up if I took a picture with my camera with all that stuff in me. She was like, “No, I don’t think so.” So we left and went to Bic Camera for a while, then we went back to the hospital. When we got back there, once again, EVERYONE was staring at us as we were laughing at the fact that everyone was staring. So we walked back to where we needed to go and we waited for about 20 minutes and then the lady called my back again. I had to change into the scrubs again and then sit back there for another 15 or so minutes, then I went back into the room and layed down on the table again and I had to lay there being REAL still for 20-25 minutes. Then they did a full-body scan. That was funny because I had to look at the ceiling. And the thing doing the scan was about 1 1/2 – 2 inches from my nose. And I was like, “If this thing drops, I will probably break my nose again, and I might have a concussion.” Anyway, it didn’t drop and when we were done, they gave us the CD and we left.

So, this is what was on my papers that I had to turn in to get to the back. That says (in the bold print) “Paunda-su Reicheru”, which is “Pounders, Rachel”


And here is the name of the hospital that we had to go to.


I asked my mom when I heard that it was called Disaster Medical Center, if that was a good thing or a bad thing. She said it was a good thing because that means that if there is an emergency, that is the place you would want to go.


And we thought this was cool. This is the CD that they put all my pictures on. We liked how they put my name on there.



Now, fast-forwarding to today, Sunday, January 16th, 2011. This is when Sister Blessing Omorefe was testifying about how God reached out to her from a Muslim family and about how God gave her a job here not too long ago. She walked in expecting an interview, but the boss looked at her and said, “I need you to change into your work clothes. You can’t work in a suit.”



And this is something cool. There was a church that Brother and Sister Lucas went to where some of the ladies made some baby blankets to send to our church. So we passed those out today.

This is the the parents waiting/listening while my dad is telling them about it.


And here is Brother Tony and Sister Blessing Omorefe receiving their blanket.


And Sister Charity holding their blanket and you can barely see my dad giving Brother Paul Apedo their blanket.


And here are most of the parents. The only one not there was Sister Blessing Apedo and that was because she wasn’t at the church yet.


And here is my dad giving Sister Vastina Asante her baptism certificate.



And here is my dad giving Sister Kawaguchi Megumu her baptism certificate. Her little girl, Alicia, is SO cute!!


And here is Peter. Isn’t he adorable?








And here we have all the moms and dads and all the babies. We have from left to right in the back: Brother Paul Apedo, Brother Daniel Agyare, and Brother Tony Omorefe. In the front we have (also from left to right): Pricilla, Peter, Sister Blessing Apedo, Sister Charity Agyare, Dixon, Sister Blessing Omorefe, and Alice.


And last, but CERTAINLY not least, I have something REALLY important to tell y’all. Okay, so y’all know how we were supposed to be coming back in November, then it got scoot up to May. Well, in November, Brother Datsomor and my dad met and went out to eat and talked for a while. While they were talking, Brother Datsomor asked my dad a question. He said that he had talked to Brother Lucas about this and Brother Lucas said to go ahead and asked my dad so…Brother Datsomor asked my dad if he would think and pray about coming to help him at the Tokyo Worship Tabernacle in Nakameguro. Brother and Sister Datsomor may to go back to Ghana around December of 2012, if that is what the Lord’s will is. So my parents talked and prayed about it and around Christmas, my dad said he had to tell Beck and I something. The first thing Beck and I did was look at each other and say, “Oh Lord, what now?” Then my dad told us all about the meeting with Brother Datsomor. By this time, my dad had spoken to Pastor Smith and Brother Lucas and chatted with them about the whole thing. So the Tuesday after Christmas, while all this is going through my mind and Becks’ mind, we went down to the New Sanno so my parents and Brother and Sister Datsomor could talk about everything they needed to talk about.

So basically, what I am saying in all of this, is that we will be staying in Japan much longer than May of 2011. We will be staying for several more years. I will have to come back, though, in at the longest, 2 years for college. I can only take so much online before I will need to go back to the states for the rest of my schooling. But everyone else will be here MUCH longer. And honestly, at first, Beck and I were not too hot about the idea of us staying. We were HIGHLY looking foward to coming back home. My mom says that we were frigid toward the idea. But we are warming up to the idea. We really are. So, when Brother and Sister Lucas come back, we will be moving closer downtown so that we will be closer to the Tokyo Worship Tabernacle in Nakameguro. But we will be coming back to the states sometime late this summer to visit for a bit.

And another cool thing about this is that while we were in Singapore, there were so many people that come up to my parents at different times and told them something about us staying in Japan. One night, Brother Lynden Shalm went to my dad at the SAME EXACT time that his wife was going to my mom and they both said basically the same thing!!! And Brother and Sister Shalm had not even talked to each other about it. Yeah, most definitely had to be God! And then the night that we met Bishop Willoughby, we were telling my dad that we wanted to go to their youth camp in June, LTD, and my dad was all like, “So girls, does that mean that y’all want to stay in Japan longer?” and we were like, “Um, I might have to think that through again.” Then Bishop Willoughby looked at us and said, “Give it up girls. Just give it up. If God wants you in Japan, He’ll find a way to make you stay.” I think that was really the first time that I thought, “Oh Lord, do you really want us to stay. Oh no!!” But after that, I really didn’t think about it. But a couple weeks later, when my dad told us, it all came back to me. So even through someone that we had just met, and had only been talking to for a few minutes, God basically told us we were staying. But now we are all good about it. Or getting close to being all good about it. One thing that Beck and I have decided that will help, is that now we will be able to go and see our friends in Singapore a little more often!!

So…that’s all that is going on in our lives. Not much at all!! 🙂

Well, that is all I have for this entry. Sorry it’s not a long entry, but that’s all I have for now.

Thank you all so much for your prayers. We really appreciate all the prayers.

The Pounders family

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.